Like so many others, we enjoy burning scented candles in our home. They add to the ambience, are romantic and they smell nice. That is until we received this link from a friend about paraffin, petroleum based scents and metallic wicks. We immediately checked our candles and found that they are vegetable wax and non-metallic wicks. Whew! We suggest you read the article so you can understand another way that toxins can invade your space and make you ill. Ava Anderson Non-Toxic offers a great selection of non-toxic candles. http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Dangers-Of-Burning-Paraffin-Candles&id=73414
For a healthier 2013, resolve to:
- Read all labels and not buy anything with toxic ingredients or names we can’t pronounce.
- Replace our household items one at a time with non-toxic replacements.
- Buy organic food whenever we can.
- Never buy nor consume anything with high fructose corn syrup or hydrogenated fats.
- Only buy grass fed, organic beef; wild caught fish; and organic, free range poultry and eggs.
- Never trust the FDA to protect us and to do what is right for the public instead of the corporations.
Did you know that Europe bans 1,342 toxic chemicals from their personal care products and the U.S. bans only 9?
Did you know that the FDA does not regulate the personal care products industry and hopes that cosmetic companies will do their due diligence and issue safe products?
Did you know that “safe”, “organic” and “natural” does not mean your products do not contain any toxic chemicals?
Did you know that your personal and home care products from shampoo to antibacterial wipes to makeup contain carcinogenic ingredients, allergens, powerful irritants and could be downright hazardous to your health?
Well we didn’t either. We thought that that government regulated these items and wouldn’t let them be sold to the public unless they were safe for our use. We were wrong.
Learn more by visiting christner-severin.com and clicking on the Ava Anderson Non-Toxic icon.